📱 React Native Engineer
📱 React Native Engineer
We help organizations practice Honest Security
Building software that secures and manages digital assets
While demonstrating empathy, respect, and care for what is most important – people
Empowering them to do the best work of their lives.
Kolide is a VC-backed remote-first startup building device management and security software for fast-growing companies that value Honest Security. With over 500 customers and a novel approach to solving security and compliance concerns, Kolide is poised to grow quickly over the next few years.
In fact, our product and engineering team has cracked one of the toughest problems in the security world: getting end-users to fix the highest risk and most nuanced security problems on their devices. We have a new device trust product that seamlessly integrates with Okta, enabling security teams to easily protect their assets. Kolide is already making an impact on Windows, macOS and Linux devices, and we are in the beginning stages of building our first mobile app to complement Kolide Launcher.
That’s where you come in.
About The Job
In this role, you will be joining Kolide’s new mobile application team. As a member of this team, you will be building features and maintaining our cross-platform mobile application that is used daily by our users. We’re looking for product-minded mobile engineers who have a keen eye for detail, design intuition, and empathy for our users.
Given this is a new role, you will have the opportunity to have a big impact on the creation and design of the app. While you’ll be working independently, you’ll never be alone and without help. When asked, your teammates will offer the assistance you need and collaborate with you at any stage of the process and in a manner that best suits your individual needs.
Most importantly, your time is your own. The entire company has two meetings each week, so we get some face time and stay aware of new customers and exciting developments. That’s it.
As a Kolide Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on many aspects of Kolide’s mobile application. Here is a selection of recent projects the team shipped and ongoing efforts.
- Develop, maintain and improve Kolide’s existing mobile applications built with React Native
- Build a seamless device registration flow allowing mobile devices to register in Kolide Device Trust
- Improve on mobile device verification used during Kolide’s Zero Trust integration with Okta
- Build an automated mobile CI/CD pipeline on top of Expo’s application services to automatically push internal beta releases to test users
- Develop React Native Modules to enable Kolide’s SaaS to better understand the security posture of a device
- Collaborate with our Product and Rails teams to design, develop, and ship new features
We are looking for US based candidates who have at least 3 years experience building mobile applications ideally with React Native and Expo for both iOS and Android.
- US Based. You can work anywhere you want in the US as long as your working hours maintain a 3 hour overlap with Eastern time zone.
- 3 years of experience building mobile apps, ideally with React Native
- Comfortable with writing HTML, CSS, TypeScript, Objective-C, Swift, Java
- Past projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work independently on projects, seeking direction from the team as needed
- Ability to be detail-oriented while working through tasks
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Excellent understanding of design patterns on both iOS and Android
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Experience shipping one or more Android or iOS apps, ideally currently available in their respective store
- Experience building mobile applications with Expo
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Kolide values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. If your career is starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Kolide.
- 🏖️ Open, unlimited vacation policy (plus 10 paid company holidays)
- 🕑 Flexible working hours
- 💰 Fully remote culture (with $2,000 office stipend)
- 🏥 Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (100% of monthly premiums covered, plus $500 towards deductibles)
- 👪 14 weeks parental leave
- 🚴🏽♂️ Health, Wellness, and Coworking reimbursement ($300/month)
- ✈️️ Conference reimbursement
- 📚Education reimbursement ($500/year)
- 🏦 401(k) Retirement Plan
- ☀️ Summer Half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- 📱 Phone and internet stipend ($135/month)
- 🌼 Life insurance, short and long term disability
How To Apply
Please apply on this website. Cover letters are welcome.
If your application is well received, we'll invite you to the interview stage, including (but not limited to) a preliminary call, 1-2 one-hour interviews with your future colleagues, and a final interview with the CEO. We may ask you to complete a technical exercise.
Depending on team availability, the entire process may take up to three weeks. We appreciate you considering Kolide and are excited to read your application. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.
Kolide is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Kolide will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Kate Gasparrini, Employee Success Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for This Job